Manhattan Studio, Theatre,
Office & Retail:
First Winthrop Properties –
Former MacArthur Foundation Property
- 535 – 545 Fifth Avenue, N.Y, N.Y.
- 320,000 SF
- Maintained over 95% occupancy
- This is one of 14 N.Y towers for which our founder was Director of Leasing
- Total Portfolio – 19 assets, 14 million SF, 1,300 Commercial Tenants, $2.8 B value, Leasing, Marketing to 2,100 brokers, Facilities, Project Management, Direct Staff, Budgeting, Finance, Manage Magazine, Drive Tenant Occupancy
The Ed Sullivan Theater, located at 1697–1699 Broadway between West 53rd and West 54th, in the Theater District in Manhattan, is a venerable radio and television studio in New York City. The theater has been used as a venue for live and taped CBS broadcasts since 1936.
The 13-story building was built by Arthur Hammerstein between 1925 and 1927, and was named Hammerstein’s Theatre after his father, Oscar Hammerstein. Its first production was the three-hour musical Golden Dawn, the second male lead of which was Cary Grant, then still using his birth name, Archie Leach. Arthur Hammerstein went bankrupt in 1931, and lost ownership of the building.